Re: Potato Installation Bug ?

I have always had a problem with the boot disks occasionally dying.  The things I can
advise are:

* check that floppy access has actually finished and then give it a few seconds
* going too fast throught the install (and swapping disks) make it more likely the
install will hang

If it hangs at the point where everything is done, you dont need to do the install
all over again, just reboot with the original rescue disk, but instead of
initialising a Linux partition, just mount the ones you created last time.  The next
step will then take you to create boot disk or boot from hard drive.  You can then
keep on trying untill you get a successful boot disk!!

Johnny.

Dan Hutchinson wrote:

> I get the same error when trying to create a boot floppy.  Your floppy
> disk may be bad?  I usually skip this step and reboot the system.  I
> would recommend making a boot disk of your finished system anyway.  It
> is more valueable after your system is up and running.
>
> Dan
>
> I know this is just a work around
>
> ---- " Shane  " <shane6118@my-Deja.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am installing the Debian 2.2 over the network.
> > Each time I select "Make a Boot Floppy" it
> > fails with "Creation of a boot floppy failed..."
> > I have tested this on two different machines and
> > several floppy diskettes.  This used to work
> > few weeks ago.  Has anyone seen this before?
> > Is this a bug?.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Shane
> >

> > --== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==--