ppp-compress-1 strangeness

Hi Debs
When I do "pon" from an xterm, and watch the modem in
xconsole,
I get:
pppd started by vitux, uid 1000
abort on <BUSY>
abort on <NO CARRIER>
abort on <VOICE>
abort on <NO DIALTONE>
abort on <NO ANSWER>
send <ATZ^M>
expect <OK>
ATZ^M^M
OK
---got it
and then the dialing bit and the connection progresses.
Is this normal or are the "abort"s errors?
After the connection has been established, I get this:
modprobe: can't locate module ppp-compress-1
Then I get all the usual rcvd/sent -stuff, and the
connection works quite allright (could be a little faster,
maybe).
Anyone got a clue?
I guess I might be missing a module?!
The system is slink w/ my own 2.2.14-kernel, on a
PII-350/128Mb.
The modem is an external ISDN (Eicon Diva).
Thanks
Vitux

--
Death comes to us in various guises,