Re: 3 identical NICS on 3 Networks - configurating confusion

"Josh Kuperman" <josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us> wrote:

I've had a similar configuration, but on @Home. I don't know about
RoadRunner, but on Cox@Home, you must specify a hostname parameter to get an
address from their DHCP servers. I seem to recall that pump didn't allow
this but that dhcpcd did, and most folks here seem to go that route. Being
lazy, I just used a fixed IP since it has only changed once in 3 years (new
cable modem installed).

There are a number of cable modem setup pages that give much more specific
info on RoadRunner than I can. I'd recommend a search of those. At this
point, you've got all the hard parts working (presumably).

> Then I need to set up
> Squid on the machine, while the machine runs a tiny very secure little
> private network for a few machines off of the eth2 interface that goes
> out through the cable modem on eth1, while providing access to a local
> web server on eth0.

So you want pump to get an address off of a DHCP server on eth2 (the LAN)?
Or am I mis-reading something here?

Good luck!

- Bob