Re: ppp-compress-1 strangeness

the ABORT messages are normal, it just tells you it will abort if it
recieves those signals from the modem.

as for the modules, do an lsmod after your fully logged on and have
network connectivity, typically the compression modules will be named
"bsd_comp" and "ppp_deflate" if they are not loaded you can try to load
them manually by using insmod bsd_comp and insmod ppp_deflate

nate