ppp problem

I installed Debian (Slink) on another computer, and I think I may have
missed something in setting up the ppp connection.

I can dial out, connect to, and log on to my ISP. But when I try to ping a
site, I get the error message: unknown host. When I use Mozilla, it says:
Unable to locate the server.

Ifconfig says that ppp is running.
Wvdial says ppp negotiation detected; starting pppd.

Everything seem to be working except I can't communicate with the ISP.

Is there something I can edit to fix this?

Is more information needed?

Thanks,

Sandy Shapiro