Re: 2 ?'s, Pon & normal users, colour in config programs.

John Anderson writes:
> I tried putting normal users in /etc/group under dip like this:

> dip:x:1000:1001

> still, the computer says, permission denied to /usr/sbin/pppd.  Did I
> configure it incorrectly?

Yes.  Run vigr as root and make the dip entry look like this:

        dip:*:30:robin,john

> Also, I was wondering if there is anyway to get colour support turned of
> in the configuration programs (modconf, pppconfig, etc.)

Not in the programs.  You have to set the environment variable TERM to
a non-color terminal.  I don't know offhand what the install uses for black
and white.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org