Re: Mutt questions (Was: Looking for a good mail program)

On Thursday, 06 April 2000 at 01:02, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:
> My question are:
> - Does Mutt support hierarchical folders?  E.g. I want to have a folder
> called "Mailing Lists" with individual subfolders for each mailing list
> and a folder called "Friends" with individual subfolders for each
> person.

yes.

> - Can Mutt automatically move incoming mail into different folders?

sort of. usually that's done with procmail. but you could probably use
the "push" command and folder hooks to move things when you open your
spool. I personally use procmail on my IMAP server.

> - Can I share Mutt's mail files with another mail program, so I could
> use a GUI program when under X?  Would that be wise?

mutt supports a few different standard mailbox types, so it shouldn't
be hard to coexist with other unix standard mailers.

-Brendan