Mutt questions (Was: Looking for a good mail program)

Brendan Cully wrote:

> you want mutt!
> [...]
> (I'm biased, since I've written most of the new IMAP code).

Okay, so you're obviously a Mutt user/developer, and thus the perfect
guy for me to address my questions to:

I recently switched my working environment from Windows to Debian only
and I've been using Netscape Mail so far.  And I *hate* it!

My question are:
- Does Mutt support hierarchical folders?  E.g. I want to have a folder
called "Mailing Lists" with individual subfolders for each mailing list
and a folder called "Friends" with individual subfolders for each
person.
- Can Mutt automatically move incoming mail into different folders?
- Can I share Mutt's mail files with another mail program, so I could
use a GUI program when under X?  Would that be wise?

Thanks a lot,
Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld