Re: no wonder...

Regarding the support:
I would not be so quick to say so. Debian is full of people that will help you to the
best of their ability (and believe me, their ability is not a little one) without ever
asking anything in return. Debian is also loaded with *goodstuff.deb. Now, if this is
not enough, what then will be?
Try man apt-get; and man dpkg (or info instead of man)
Good luck.