Re: Can't extract base2_1.tgz no matter what [solved]

Apparently my problem was either one of these two things - I've no idea which:

1. I had somehow put the resc1440.bin image onto a floppy with some
sort of physical defect which was not detected anywhere in the
creation or install process. A more meaningful error message, other
than simply that the "failed to extract" would be helpful.

2. I had somehow put the wrong resc1440.bin image onto the floppy and
it didn't contain the program to extract the .tgz tarred and
gnu-zipped base system. I believe this is possible because there are
multiple different resc1440.bin files. I would strongly recommend a
unique name for each floppy image - even if in different directories.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us