Re: Can't extract base2_1.tgz no matter what

On Sat, Mar 25, 2000 at 09:47:43PM -0500, Josh Kuperman wrote:
> So the question is what are the minimum/maximum sizes for a
> partition. I can't imaging 240M being too small for root. Is it? I had
> a 3GB partition for /usr which I tried to set under 2G but the disk
> partitioning software resulted in a larger than 2G when I set it to
> 2000M.

Well, that should be plenty big enough for the base system. I'm not
clear on whether you are using the base system from CD, floppies or
download.  If it's floppies or CD, maybe there's a problem with the
images.  You might try a download version if you can get your networking
up during the initial install.

BTW, you'll rarely get partitions that exactly match nice even numbers
like 2000M since it doesn't match with the disk geometry. Usually, it's
close enough though.

| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |