Re: Lying to dpkg?

Jonas wrote:
> Have a look at the equivs package. The other programs should find
> your programs as long as you have them in the $PATH.

For anyone who's interested, I took this route since it would solve the problem
once and for all. Other than the fact that the equivs package fails to list its
own dependencies (makedeb was the one that caught me up for a few minutes) it
went smoothly and seems to be working perfectly. dpkg and dselect are no longer
nagging me about installing apache or mysql.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Phoenix