Easy quota question

I'm trying to set some quota's but I think the documentation is kinda
poor. I do: edquota <USER>, and vi is invoked, so I want to set the quota
for this user... HOW???? I checked all the manpages of quota, the
/usr/doc/quota I CAN'T FIND THE FORMAT IN WHICH I SHOULD TYPE THE
QUOTA!!!!!!!!!!!! I think this should definately be CHANGED!
I've tried:
/dev/hda1	5000	10000
/dev/hda1:5000:10000
/dev/hda1	5000
All just won't do it....

What IS the format in which I should type the quota, I only see complains
that my format isn't the right one... BUT WHY ISN'T THERE ANY
DOCUMENTATION ON WHAT IS THE RIGHT ONE!!

Ron

PS. Sorry for the CAPITAL, but I'm going a bit insane because of the poor
documentation!