Re: home network: will bo play with potato?

I did this at work for a while. I ran VMware with Win98 as the guest OS on a
Celeron 466 with lots of ram, (somebody else was using this system), and
displayed it to my measly memory-strapped Pentium 166.  It worked quite well,
except it wouldn't let me do full screen VMWare.

On 15-Mar-2000 Brad wrote:
> It looks like you're planning on running the 486 as the X terminal, with
> the X clients running on the pentium box and displaying on the 486.
> In an example, something like this:
>
>   i486$ ssh pentium -X
>   Password: ********
>   pentium$ echo $DISPLAY
>   i486:10
>   pentium$ netscape
>   [ netscape comes up in i486's X server ]

Regards,

Wim Kerkhoff
wim@netmaster.com
www.canadianhomes.net/wim

Excellent day for putting Slinkies on an escalator.