Re: Potato Broke My X

On Mon, Mar 06, 2000 at 08:20:46PM -0800, Jim Varney wrote:

> Updating my Potato system a few days ago with dselect broke my X windows. X
> starts up with the herringbone and shows a single shell window and prompt.
> It never gets as far as the full desktop. I have to use cntl-alt-backspace
> to close the aborted X session. In my xsession error file it says
>
> fatal IO error 32 (broken pipe) or KillClient on X Server ":0.0"
>
> Any ideas where I go from here?

See bug #59656 - it seems that the /etc/Xsession that gets installed
by xfree86-common 3.3.6-4 has a problem somewhere.  Downgrading that
package (xfree86-common) back to 3.3.6-3 fixed it.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"