Mismatched libraries

I have an application using vendor-supplied libraries linked against
libstdc++2.8.0.
I've upgraded to potato, and now my program crashes.  I'm thinking it's
because the default libraries for potato are 2.10.0 etc, and my program is
linking in both versions and having conflicts.

so:

1) Am I right in thinking this?

2) How can I set up a glibc2.0.7 environment inside my potato distribution
that will allow me to work on my program safely?

thanks

--
-bob

Particle physicists are always trying to hold a meeting, but
whenever they decide on a place, the time changes.
* Robert Kerr, The morphing guy.  *    MS 0847 Sandia National Labs  *
* rakerr@sandia.gov               *    Albuquerque NM 87185-0847     *
* Robert_Kerr@byu.edu             *      Phone: (505) 844-8606       *
* http://www.et.byu.edu/~kerrr    *      Fax: (505) 844-9297         *