innd won't start

I've made no changes to my configuration, but now innd won't start.
If i run "inndstart -d" I get this:

innd: SERVER descriptors 1024
innd: SERVER outgoing 1011
innd: SERVER ccsetup control:11
innd: SERVER lcsetup localconn:13
innd: SERVER rcsetup remconn:4
innd: overview spawned overview:16:proc:23255
innd: news.panix.com opened news.panix.com:15:file
innd: news.dm.net opened news.dm.net:17:file
innd: news.sff.net opened news.sff.net:18:file
No -e allowed in setuid scripts.
Segmentation fault

Now, I checked with strace and as far as I can tell, innd/inndstart
never *opens* a script, so I wonder if that penultimate line is the
dreaded Misleading Error Message.

Using INN 1:1.7.2-16.

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
I-Con's Science and Technology Guest of Honor in 2000 will be Geoffrey