Re: Acroread/Netscape crash

>  I am using potato and I have the following problem.
>  I just installed acroread from potato ( non-free ) version
>  4 and tried to read a pdf file using netscape. Netscape
>  crashes with:
>
>  Bus Error  LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libBRokenLocale.so.1 $netscape "$@"
>
>  I had this problem with acrobat version 3 as well.
>
>  This is a problem with netscape clearly since acroread works Ok
>  on its own. Netscape on its own is also OK, ( I have netscape -base
>  4.5 installed ) and I believe the netscape version is 4.51
>
>  Wherein lies the problem?

I had a similar problem when I used netscape 4.5.
A way around it might be to only let netscape download but not display pdf
files. There should be such an option when choosing a link with the mouse menu.
I am currently using 4.7 and the problem gone. This version has the line
	Portable Document Format 	Plug in : nppdf.so
in the Edit->Navigator->Applications table.
Perhaps inserting/deleting/modifying this line on your system will solve the
problem?