Re: fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 01:08:21AM +0100, F.P. Groeneveld wrote:

> I don't run ulimits... ulimits -u : command not found. As for a hard limit
> on processes... If I log in as root (as opposed to su), I have no problem
> whatsoever. Only when I su to root do I have this problem?

if its only when you use su it sounds like resource limits.  the
command is ulimit -u not ulimits -u.  i have not touched resource
limits yet on debian (have not got around to it) but ulimit -u for my
accounts shows 256.

[eb@socrates eb]$ ulimit -u
256
[eb@socrates eb]$

run ps x and see how many processes you have running.

--
Ethan Benson