Re: fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable

Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> wrote:
: On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 01:08:21AM +0100, F.P. Groeneveld wrote:

: if its only when you use su it sounds like resource limits.  the
: command is ulimit -u not ulimits -u.  i have not touched resource
: limits yet on debian (have not got around to it) but ulimit -u for my
: accounts shows 256.

: [eb@socrates eb]$ ulimit -u
: 256
: [eb@socrates eb]$

: run ps x and see how many processes you have running.

Okay, you are 100% correct. nmbd had respawned a zillion times. Killing
them solved the problem. Still, I don't understand why logins through ssh
are not affected? Also, I couldn't find where ulimit is set. Anyone?

Derk
: --
: Ethan Benson

: --