Troubleshooting My PPP

How embarrassing! My PPP problems had nothing to do with PPP! They were
caused by my ignorant use of lilo in booting my three Linux
distributions. I'm not sure exactly what was going on, but I was having
a kernel running a filesystem for which it was not designed.

After I edited lilo.conf correctly, I was able to get online with
Mandrake immediately. The holdup with Debian is that lilo told me that
Debian's boot partition was beyond cylinder 1024! I think I have some
space closer to the beginning that I can use instead for the boot
partition. My thought is to create the partition with Partition Magic
(which I feel comfortable using), copy the contents of the present boot
partition to the new one, and then edit lilo.conf to reflect the change.

Does the above sound workable? How large does the boot partition need to
be to hold things?
--
Lane
----