cdrecord

Please don't flame me!
Does anybody know if the binaries for cdrecord for windows work fine?
What happens is that a long time ago I gave up trying to upgrade my
slink to potato (before the freeze) because of lib conflicts and so on,
with kernel problems etc. So I am eagerly waiting for the new release
(when is it supposed to be out?), with the slink that I have -half
upgraded and a little broken- my kernel does not have what it needs for
xcdroast. And I want to roast some cds! Any way, I thought I could use
the one out for win in the mean time...