RE: STILL Configuring x-windows for EGA- can anyone help with thi s?

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Lewis, James M. wrote:

> I run X on a 486/66 (40meg mem) all the time.  It isn't as snappy
> as on a fast machine but it works just fine, thank you.  Of course,
> you can't expect to run gnome or kde but fvwm does a very nice job.

Actually, you can (KDE anyways)... you just have to be patient because
it takes a few minutes for KDE to fire up, but once it gets all the bits
in place the apps run ok.  Using a 486/25 with 36M RAM.
I guess it is easier to put up with slow starts when you were raised on
1 and 2MHz, 8-bit boxes with 2-64k RAM and 300bps modems.  ;)

- Bruce