Re: cdrecord

Try ftp.greenbush.com for a kernel-image. These may not support your net
card but can be used. The ones with scsiemul in the name are what you
want. The 2.2.13 was built only for recovering an NTFS partition to CD.
The 2.0.36 is used on some CD replication machines here. It works well
with hp 4x and 8x IDE recorders. These run slink.

When you install the kernel-image create a boot floppy and don't make it
bootable from the hard disk.

Boot it and try the cdrecord scanbus option. Hope it sees your drive.

If the kernel meets all your needs you can make it bootable from the hard
disk. Otherwise tell me what I should consider putting into the next
build. The updated tulip driver is already on the todo list because it
supports $20 linksys cards with the PNIC chip.