Re: dhcpcd on slink

John G. Norman <jnorma4@attglobal.net> wrote:
: I'm using dhcpcd, because when trying to install dhclient, I get:

: socket: Protocol not available - make sure CONFIG_PACKET and CONFIG_FILTER
: are defined in your kernel configuration.

: Haven't compiled a new kernel because it seems that dhcpcd should work . . .

This IS the key though.. For dhcpcd to RECEIVE the information from the
dhcp server, you need the af_packet and af_filter modules.... So yes, you
do need the kernel recompilation. Or at least, I did, and I think it says
so in the manual page/docs, too.

Cheers,

   Derk
Reply to the list or to "F.P. Groeneveld" <derk@cistron.nl>