Re: dhcpcd on slink

Still at it . . . I'm trying to get dhcp going on an old 486 with a 3com 3c515 NIC.

With potato, dhclient runs . . . but dhcp still can't get a response. This is MediaOne in Cambridge, Mass. . . . Does anyone in Cambridge know if dhcp service requires a hostname or a registered MAC address?

Here are some details:

Debian: 2.2.12 (frozen)
network card works fine on a LAN
*manual* configuration of ip address and gateway works fine with the cable modem!

But dhclient still times out. I'm at wit's end. I don't have (I sure don't think I have) any active ipchains configuration. How can I figure out if I've inadvertently disallowed traffic on ports 67/68?

Thanks for any info/suggestions . . .

	John N.