Re: Rationale behind the groups "dip" and "dialout"

Viktor writes:
> pppconfig is not mentioned in the HOWTO, so it's obviously something
> Debian-specific.

It's only available in Debian, but it isn't really Debian-specific.  The
way pppconfig sets up ppp is in line with the recommendations of the
upstream ppp maintainers.

> I had to modify the created chatscript, since I have to start the PPP
> connection on the server by issueing a command.

The current version of pppconfig deals with this.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)