Re: Problelm with mounting of partitions

> > /dev/hda1       /             ext2   defaults,errors=remount-ro 0      1
> > /dev/hda2       none          swap   sw                         0      0
> > proc            /proc         proc   defaults                   0      0
> > /dev/hdc2       /var          ext2   defaults                   0      1
>
> I'd suggest changing the pass from 1 to 2. At least that's what the
> manual suggests for other than '/' filesystems (man fstab).
>

> Perhaps you don't have an empty directory "var" on the root partition?
> Try booting into single user mode then, "$ mount /var". What happens?

I added the following line manually to the /etc/mtab file :
/dev/hdc2 /var ext2 rw 0 0

When I restart with a boot-floppy distribution (tomsrtbt).
I typed fsck.ext2 /dev/hdc2 on the prompt there. And I got the message
that the drive is clean.

When I restart my PC and I start the debian distribution.
I got on startup :
/dev/hdc2 on /var type ext2 (rw)
Parallelizing fsck version 1.15 (18 Jul 1999)
/dev/hdc2 was not cleanly unmounted, check forced
/dev/hdc2 555/26208 files (13.0% non-contiguous), 6862/104422 blocks

After loggin in and doing "df", the /var filesystems still doesn't
appear.

I really have no idea what the problem might be ...

Kind Regards,
--
Thomas