Problelm with mounting of partitions

Hey everyone,

I have troubles mounting my /var filesystem.
This is my fstab file
#
<pass>

/dev/hda1       /             ext2   defaults,errors=remount-ro 0      1
/dev/hda2       none          swap   sw                         0      0
proc            /proc         proc   defaults                   0      0
/dev/hdc2       /var          ext2   defaults                   0      1
/dev/hdc3       none          swap   sw                         0      0

And These are the command which are executed on startup concerning
mounting of partitions :
mount -avt nonfs,noproc
swapon -a 2>/dev/null

At shutdown the following commands are executed :

halt -w
swapoff -a
umount -a -r
mount -n -o remount,ro /

After I started my PC, the /var filesystems doesn't appear in the
/etc/mtab table.

This is my /etc/mtab table  :

/dev/hda1 / ext2 rw,errors=remount-ro 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,gid=5,mode=620 0 0

And when I start up I got the message : filesystem not cleanly unmounted

Can anybody please help me with this problem or tell me which
information I have to provide for solving this problem ?

Tnx a lot in advance

Kind Regards,

--
Thomas