Re: Correct PAM settings for login

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Ben Collins wrote:

> But did you configure /etc/libnss-ldap.conf?

Yes, I configured the host and base parameters. I didn't think I
needed to configure any of the other options.

> If so, does an "ls -l /home" show the correct owners (even if they are
> gone from /etc/passwd)?

Yes, although in truth that could be due to nscd. Although when I
attempt to view inside of my directory, most files are owned by my
"personal group". These group ownerships are showing up as numbers,
not names. Wait a minute... [brainwave hits. stops nscd. relooks at
directories. suddenly group name shows up. tries logging in as user
missing from /etc/passwd. miraculously works.] So, what's the trick
with nscd? Do I have it misconfigured? Is it caching lookups from
/etc/passwd?

later,
joseph
--
the "LaterDude"
ICQ: 52640402

All opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer unless otherwise noted.