Re: Please help, I'm desperate (SAMBA)

can samba even do roaming profiles? (im not even sure what roaming
profiles are) i didn't see any mention of it in the FAQ. after looking at
the PROFILES.txt from samba looks like that may be what you want.  If you
still can't get it working upgrade to samba 3.0 (alpha)  i spent hours
trying to fix a dissapearing file/directory problem on 2.0 and it was
fixed the instant i upgraded to 3.0

samba 3.0 has been very stable for me i haven't had any problems but all
im doing is basic filesharing.

you can get 3.0 by following the directions here:

http://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/ntdom_faq/page2.html

nate