Re: Sound ES1371 issues

On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 08:17:36AM -0600, Phil Brutsche wrote:
> You need es1371 (based on your output from lspci below) and nothing else.

> * Run 'modprobe es1371'
> * Try to play a sound file - I like to use the package sox for that; it
>   works better than cat'ing the file to /dev/dsp.

You might want do a '/dev/MAKEDEV update' to update your devices to the new
kernel. Also you might want to add something like this to /etc/modutils/aliases

alias char-major-14 soundcore # basic sound capabilities
alias sound-slot-0 es1371  # main sound card hardware driver
alias sound-service-0-0 sound # mixer taken care of by sound.o
alias sound-service-0-3 sound # /dev/dsp & /dev/audio support in sound.o
alias sound-service-0-6 sound # /dev/sndstat support in sound.o

and remember to run update-modules afterwards. You will now be able to access
/dev/dsp as root. Twaek the rights for the audio-devices so that you can use
them as user.

Hope that could help you.
--
Sven Esbjerg