Re: Samba upgrade, password issue

Well, it's not really a downgrade (but I understand you think so), because
now samba allows you to have different passwords for samba and shell.
There is a program that converts all the passwords from /etc/passwd to
smbpasswd, I can't remember the name. I always use smbpasswd -a <USER> (as
root) to give anybody who needs access to samba, they can then later
change it with smbpasswd. (The -a options says that if the user is not in
smbpasswd smbpasswd has to add the user).

Ron