gcc OK

To my gcc correspondents and all

I've been trying to port some code from Visual c to gcc with the usual newbie difficulties

I rewrote some code to deal with library routines not provided by glibc and converted the c style i/o to c++ stream i/o but still ran into difficulties getting a clean compile til it suddenly occurred to me that a warning in Tom Swan's book (GNU C++ for Linux) about namespace not implemented at the time of his writing might still be the case

Lo and behold I took the namespace reference out and the code took off like a bat out of hell, generating good output and a correct solution to a linear programming problem, needing only some further reworking to format the output

I tried to print the output with a "lpr progout.dat" and got "parport0: detected irq 7; use procfs to enable interrupt-driven operation

Would appreciate any enlightenment on how to proceed in response

David