Re: gcc OK

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, davidturetsky wrote:

davidt >I tried to print the output with a "lpr progout.dat" and got "parport0: detected irq 7; use procfs to enable interrupt-driven operation
davidt >
davidt >Would appreciate any enlightenment on how to proceed in response

I believe that is a normal/standard message.  Make sure you have a printer
setup in /etc/printcap with the right filter(s) etc.  you can test the
printer directly by writing directly to the port (cat filename >/dev/lp0)

i can't help much beyond that, i only setup priting in linux once, and
ever since my lpr has never wroked, and yet i can print from some apps
like netscape staroffice and kEDIT (but lpr, gnome-notepad and others fail
silently) *shrug*

nate