Re: Opera

On Fri, Feb 11, 2000 at 10:15:48AM -0500, m_shapiro@bigfoot.com wrote:
> This is rough
> software with quite a way to go before it reaches Prime Time.

I thought the user interface was basically cool, but I dropped
Opera after reading some of their documentation on
JavaScript and other 'unsafe' languages.  They seemed to be
saying that they supported scripting languages, but that you
really shouldn't be using one.

My impression was that they
wanted to avoid the effort to properly support JavaScript,
so they made fun of the language.  Reminded me of the way
MySQL makes fun database features (e.g. foreign keys) that
it doesn't support.