Forcing an install with dpkg - apt complains

I downloaded a debian package of kisdn. When I tried to install it, it
complained that I needed qt1.4 or higher. I actually have libqt1g
v1.45-0.4, but this wasn't good enough. I forced the install and kisdn
ran perefectly. Unfortuantely each time I ran apt-get it complained
about unmet dependencies for kisdn and would not procede with whatever I
wanted to do.

I removed kisdn and installed the rpm version (with rpm -Uvh --nodeps
kisdn-1.1.0-1-rh61-kde-1.1.i386.rpm) No problems now.

This is not a good solution. How does one tell apt that the
force-installed package is OK and to stop complaining?!

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Debian Linux