Re: Getting xfs-xtt to work

Once upon a time, I heard Bart Szyszka said

> > Try xset +fp unix/:7100 or something similar. xfs-xtt use port 7100, same as
> > xfs.
>
> I really have no idea what I'm doing so I'd appreciate it if you guys would
> be more specific. What's "similar" What should I do same as xfs? Like I said,
> I installed xfs-xtt. I don't have xfs (it asks me to remove xfs-xtt if I try to

similar thing mean, tcp:/hostname:port, I'm pretty sure that there are other
options. But I use unix/:7100.

This means that You don't have to run xfs-xtt on every machine. You can run it
on, for example, a machine name fontserver. Then you should use

xset +fp tcp/fontserver:7100

or put

FontPath "tcp/fontserver:7100" in /etc/X11/XF86Config

> install xfs). Don't I need to do something like this:
> xset +fp /usr/local/share/fonts/truetype
your X won't know how to render Trurtype font :(

Chanop

| Chanop Silpa-Anan                 <Chanop.Silpa-Anan@syseng.anu.edu.au>     |
| Australian National University                                              |
| Tel. +61 2 6279 8826, +61 2 6279 8837 (office hour)                         |
|      +61 2 6249 5240 (home +voice mail)                                     |
|           Debian GNU/Hurd           GPG key on request                      |