Re: Which Boot Manager?

On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 01:05:09AM +0000, Lane Lester wrote:
: I currently have Win 98 and NT along with Corel Linux on my system.
: CL's lilo lets me go with either Linux or Windows, and NT's boot
: manager lets me pick between 98 and NT.
:
: I just bought McCarty's _Learning Debian GUN/Linux_, and I'd like to
: install the Debian that came with it.
:
: Can you tell me how to manage the booting between all these guys? I
: installed Power Quest's Boot Magic, but after it started, my screen
: went black and stayed that way. I had a dickens of a time getting back
: to my original setup.
:
: I don't know why Boot Magic wouldn't work, although their Web site
: acknowledges that it can happen.  I do use EZ-drive to manage the two
: 10-gig drives in my system.
:
: So is there an approach I can use that will manage these OSes?
: Preferably without having to reinstall any that are already there?

Yes.  Use the NT bootloader as your starting point.  See the fine
mini-HOWTO on the subject (available at several places including
http://debian.midco.net/doc/HOWTO/mini/Linux+NT-Loader.html).

--
Nathan Norman                    Network Magician, Eclectic Engineer
GPG Key ID 1024D/51F98BB7