Re: quake-svga signal 11

On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 14:09, aphro wrote:

> another thing to check is the cache on the board/chip, disable one
> at a time thru the bios and see if it does the same, its gonna run
> like a 386 but it'll be a decent test to see if the cache sometimes
> gives bad hits.
>
> worth a shot anyways ...

I don't agree.  The kernel-compile test would fail when cache (L1,
L2?) memory is bad.  And I don't want to play quake on a 386 for an
hour to find out it won't crash, call me lazy  ;-)

Meanwhile, I tried another video card but the problem remains..

--
thrust CD aanslag IRT radar inkijk semtex soviet PGP Marxist
colonel NORAD Cocaine Osama Bin Laden Shell Patijn heroïne RSA