Re: I can't get Linux to INSTALL! Help!

I'm pretty sure that having no harddrive's configured in bios is a problem, but to
get the disks, go to:

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current/disks-1.44/

This assumes you are using 3.5" drive.  I actually did an install of potato with the
disks, it sucks... Thats a lot of disks to write, then read.  But, it will work, if
you're patient.  There is a lot of documentation on making these disks, but
basically, grab all the .bin's, and get rawrite2.exe from

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current/

Then, on a dos machine, type "rawrite2.exe -d a: -f <path of .bin file>" for each
disk.  label them, boot with the rescue disk in the drive, it will ask for the root
image disk, then follow the on screen instructions.

-Aaron Solochek
 leko@cmu.edu