Re: quake-svga signal 11

On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 09:30, aphro wrote:

> quite possibly a quake-svga problem.  it also could be a mainboard
> problem..is the ram that you scanned that was 'bad' in any particular
> socket? i've had ram sockets go bad on me before when the ram was ok.

I cycled my "good" SDRAM's through all sockets and give up.  No
bloodshed for me ;-)  Quake-x11 also crashes.

No other application crashes at peek performance.  I let gimp, emacs,
netscape and oracle8i eat my memory while compiling kernels but all of
them survived, including the running compile.  The oracle installer
died on me a couple of times but I guess oracle installers are
supposed to die on you..

So, I've got a quake bug to vague to report, until I find an other
application, non video game preferably, that sig11s.

Remco

--
aanslag charge van Balen IDEA convict class struggle FSF FNLC
Patijn SEAL Team 6 CD Kosovo explosion colonel kazerne munitions