Re: Compiling egcs from Debian source pkg

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 01:20:28PM +1100, Shaun Cloherty wrote
> I'm running Debian (slink) on an Alpha, and attempting to recompile the egcs compiler suite from the Debian source package;
>
> egcs_1.1.2-0slink2.diff.gz
> egcs_1.1.2-0slink2.dsc
> egcs_1.1.2.orig.tar.gz
>
> after unpacking the source, I ran
>
> # dpkg-source -us -uc -b
>
> in the source directory, but the build dies with;
>
> :
> :
>
> BOOT_CFLAGS: -g -O2
> Install prefix: usr
> Will build a primary C compiler.
> Will not run the testsuite: no appropriate DejaGnu version installed
> Please install dejagnu from project/experimental and restart.
> false
> make: *** [build-stamp] Error 1
>
> I've compiled and installed DejaGnu version 1.3-10, also from Debian sources, but still no go..... a version problem?? Where do I find 'project/experimental'??
>
> Any pointers appreciated, I'm new to Debian, not so new to Linux....

This package checks for your Dejagnu version in a
*very* version-specific way; it may be that your
Dejagnu version is too new to be recognized.

The file to look at is debian/rules; it contains
a section that checks your dejagnu version, starting at
about line 169:

with_check := $(strip $(shell if [ -f contrib/test_summary ]; \
                then echo yes; else echo test_summary script not found; fi))
# If you don't want to run the egcs testsuite, set `with_check' to `no'
#with_check := disabled by hand
ifeq ($(with_check),yes)
  ifneq ($(shell runtest --version 2>/dev/null \
                | awk '/^Framework/ {print $$NF}'),1.3.0)
    with_check := no appropriate DejaGnu version installed
  endif
endif

Basically, it checks the output of "runtest --version" and
barfs if it doesn't say "Framework version is 1.3.0".
Find out what output you actually get, and edit the test
appropriately; that should allow you to both build and test it.

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au
john@huiac.apana.org.au