Compiling egcs from Debian source pkg

I'm running Debian (slink) on an Alpha, and attempting to recompile the egcs compiler suite from the Debian source package;

egcs_1.1.2-0slink2.diff.gz
egcs_1.1.2-0slink2.dsc
egcs_1.1.2.orig.tar.gz

after unpacking the source, I ran

# dpkg-source -us -uc -b

in the source directory, but the build dies with;

:
:

BOOT_CFLAGS: -g -O2
Install prefix: usr
Will build a primary C compiler.
Will not run the testsuite: no appropriate DejaGnu version installed
Please install dejagnu from project/experimental and restart.
false
make: *** [build-stamp] Error 1

I've compiled and installed DejaGnu version 1.3-10, also from Debian sources, but still no go..... a version problem?? Where do I find 'project/experimental'??

Any pointers appreciated, I'm new to Debian, not so new to Linux....

Regards,

Shaun

--
Shaun Cloherty
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering