Re: man

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 09:55:44PM +0100, Marco Giardini wrote
> why some man pages are in /usr/share/man instead of /usr/man?
> how do i read that man pages?

Debian 2.1 ('slink') puts its man pages in /usr/man, and
Debian 2.2 ('potato') puts its man pages in /usr/share/man.

If you've installed some Potato packages on a Slink system,
this is to be expected; if you're running a Potato system,
it's probably just that some packages have not yet migrated
to the new FHS.  If you're running a pure Slink system, then
the packages that placed them there are slightly broken and
you should consider filing a bug report against them.

In the meantime, either edit /etc/manpath.config to include
/usr/share/man or set the MANPATH environment variable
(man man should give you more information on what to put in
MANPATH and /etc/manpath.config).

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au