Help with bootp

I am having a problem with bootp on a fully updated Slink system.  I try
to access it from my Xterminal and my Xterminal says it is not getting any
ip address.  I look (ps aux) at the bootp server and it does not have
bootpd running.  So I try to start it from the command line and it does
not start.

I have gone through all the doc that I can find on Bootptab and have the
most basic configuration in it so I figure that I am not doing anything
wrong there.  A quick scan through the log files and the daemon.log file
has this in it:
Jan 26 19:02:33 schramms bootpd[1241]: version 2.4.3
Jan 26 19:02:33 schramms bootpd[1242]: bind: Address already in use

I am not sure why this is happening so does anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance.

Brian Schramm
brian@schramms.yi.org
www.linuxexpert.org