mail filtering techniques

hi,

I am wondering what different methods people here are using to filter your mail? (ie each mailing list to its own mailbox or other such techniques of dealing with several high volume lists)

I am going to be switching to mutt soon and the filtering method I have used on macos with Eudora probably will not work well or at all with mutt (i set a color 'label' on differing groups of messages say by list and sort by that in one monolithic in box)

(yes I did figure out the MTA issues, will post a summary of how to do that tomorrow)

thanks

--
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/