Re: Couple Questions

Cameron Matheson wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I just have a few quick questions:
>
> 1.  Is it possible to switch resolutions while in X (I like using
> 640x480, but occasionally I need 800x600)?

Ctrl-Alt and + or Ctrl-Alt and -, IF you have working resolutions defined in
/etc/X11/XF86Config (in the appropriate Screen section).

> 2.  to use pon as a normal user, do I just use chmod?

No. Edit the /etc/group file and add the normal user's name to the end of the dip and
dialout groups. The lines will look something like:
dip:x:30:myuser, your_user,some_other_user

> 3.  would I be better off using the kernel source off the Debian 2.1
> Slink CD, or the source I downloaded
> (kernel-source-2.0.38_2.0.38-2_all.deb)?

Generally, I'd go with whichever has the higher number, but sometimes you'd want to
stick with the lower number if you've got special considerations.