RE: hard disk not recognized

dont think linux does, without drivers for it .. most of the DMA66
controllers have linux drivers, check the debian-user archives for some
urls..

nate

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 richart1@home.com wrote:

richar >The disk has 3 partitions. One is for Windows, the other 2 are for Linux.
richar >The Linux part is formatted for linux and works fine as long as I don't use
richar >the controller card. I'm wondering if Linux just doesn't know about this
richar >kind of card? Bob
richar >
richar >-----Original Message-----
richar >From: aphro [mailto:nate@firetrail.com]
richar >Sent: Monday, January 24, 2000 9:37 PM
richar >To: richart1@home.com
richar >Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org; recipient list not shown: ;
richar >Subject: Re: hard disk not recognized
richar >
richar >
richar >it may be a stupid question but i have to ask did you happen to reformat
richar >the drive to use the linux filesystem(ext2fs?) or is it using a MS windows
richar >"compadible" file system ?  i can't imaigne why a drive wouldnt be
richar >recognized if the filesystem was compadible. with the exception of a
richar >broken bios(which i've only seen once, long story im sure its not what
richar >your experiencing)
richar >
richar >nate
richar >