Re: relocating mail server

On 2000-01-25 01:55:39, tphan@iqrinc.com wrote:

>   I'd like to know how to forward all the emails from my current
>   email server to this new potato box?

You were not really specific in what you wanted to do, so I assume
that you have an mta and you want everything moved to a new mta:

Setup mail.new server to access mail for your domain. Change MX record
to point to mail.new config on mail.orig.  Change config on mail.orig
to not accept mail for your domain.

Old mail you either move (rcp/scp) or redeliver using something like
formail.

There are other scenarios, say, if you use fetchmail to obtain your
mail, if you want your mail server to act as a gateway to your
new mail server etc.

/Allan
--
Allan M. Wind			Email: wind@freewwweb.com
P.O. Box 2022			Phone: 781.279.4513 (home)